Friday, July 8, 2016

Incoming - The Panerai PAM005

Finally!! After an extremely long dry spell, 5 years to be exact (and in time for my birthday), I have a new timepiece to add to my collection, the gorgeous PAM005. For people who have read my blog in the past, you'll probably know that the Panerai Luminor Marina was on my wish list. Originally it was the PAM111, but my taste in watches has evolved, I now prefer a solid case back on my diver / tool watches, plus that OP logo is to die for!

The PAM005, like the 000 has been discontinued so I knew it would be a challenge to find it.  The newer models for the 005 and the 000 are the 630 and the 632, but they both come with a snap on case back (reducing the WR to 100) and non screw strap bars, so they didn't excite me too much. Thankfully, I managed to source one through Irfan at Art Of Time in Bandra, Mumbai. It did take over a month to arrive, but the wait was completely worth it! As soon as I heard it had reached the AD, I took my brother (Bio) with me and rushed to store.






Some quick specs:
Model number: PAM00005
Case material: Stainless steel
Case size: 44mm
Case back: Screw down

So far, the watch looks great on my wrist (at least I think so) and the calf skin strap feels soft and very comfortable. I haven't gotten time to test the lume our properly, but will post a pic soon.



No comments: